Parks Week 2018
Parks Week 2017 was a huge success with hundreds of organisations across Australia and New Zealand holding events to celebrate the vital role parks play in creating liveable cities and thriving communities. the week saw councils and other organisations on both sides of the Tasman running engaging events to raise awareness on the value of parks and open spaces, and to get people out of their living rooms and enjoying the outdoors.
This year we want to make Parks Week even bigger and spread the word:
- Visiting parks is good for your physical and mental well-being.
- Healthy parks are an essential ingredient for healthy people.
- Parks support health and well-being, enhance the ability to cope with and recover from illness and injury and help to reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Parks build stronger and connected communities by providing places where people come together for leisure.
- Parks provide environmental benefits to our cities.
Parks and Leisure Australia and NZ Recreation Association, supported by GEO AR Games (developers of Magical Park ) are looking to partner with Councils to sign up to the challenge. Find out more.
Raising awareness of the benefits of parks requires a joint effort, with communities, parks bodies and government working together to achieve shared outcomes that will benefit people today and in the future.
This site includes a variety of engaging resources for organisations that want to run Parks Week events in New Zealand and Australia, from social media graphics and posters to media release templates and event ideas.
We’ve also set up an EVENTS PAGE showcasing the great events being run, so don’t forget to get in touch to discuss your Parks Week ideas and to let us know what you have planned contact us in Australia or New Zealand
What are people saying about #parksweek2018?